A permit for temporary/permanent residence in Ukraine is a document certifying the identity of a foreigner or a stateless person and confirming the legal grounds for temporary residence in Ukraine. Depending on the type of residence permit, such document gives you the right to live in Ukraine for one or ten years. If you want to stay on the territory of Ukraine after the expiry of the validity period of the passport, you need to exchange it for a new one.
Where can I apply for an exchange of a residence permit?
It is necessary to apply to the territorial body of the Migration Service of Ukraine at the place of residence of a foreigner or a stateless person.
In what period before the expiration of the validity of the previous permit should I apply for an exchange for a new one?
The procedure for issuing a new permit takes 15 working days, so we recommend applying approximately three weeks before the expiration of the previous residence permit.
What documents are required for an application?
1) an exchangeable certificate;
2) passport document of a foreigner or a document certifying a stateless person;
3) a translation into Ukrainian of a page of a foreigner’s passport document or a document certifying a stateless person with personal data, certified in accordance with the procedure established by law;
4) documents confirming the circumstances or legal facts according to which the certificate is subject to exchange;
5) a document confirming the payment of the administrative fee.
If you have any questions regarding the exchange of a permanent/temporary residence permit, the specialists of the “Bachynskyy and Partners” attorneys at law will be happy to help you quickly achieve the desired result.