If you are not a citizen of Ukraine and you want to get a job and live on the territory of Ukraine, you have to go through several steps to legalize your stay here.
The first of them is obtaining a work permit at the initiative of your employer (if such a permit is necessary for your specific type of activity). The next step is getting a D-04 visa, which is necessary for a long-term stay in Ukraine (90 days). The corresponding visa is the basis for obtaining a temporary residence permit in Ukraine.
Documents that are required to obtain a D-04 visa
- The original passport of a person, which must meet the following requirements:
- be valid for at least three months after the declared date of departure from the territory of Ukraine;
- contain at least two spare pages;
- be valid for no more than 10 years.
- A completed and signed visa application form;
- Color photo card measuring 35×45 mm;
- Valid health insurance policy;
- A bank statement or other documents confirming the availability of sufficient financial support for the period of the planned stay;
- Receipt for the payment of the consular fee.
- A notarized copy of the work permit.
After receiving a visa, you have to arrive in Ukraine and submit documents for obtaining a temporary residence permit in Ukraine.
A temporary residence permit is a document certifying the identity of a foreigner or a stateless person and confirming the legal grounds for temporary residence in Ukraine. Since June 1, 2018, it has been produced in the form of a card with a contactless electronic medium.
If you have little experience in such matters, you may need the assistance of a qualified lawyer.
The procedure for obtaining a permit consists
- collect the necessary documents;
- apply to the territorial body of the State Internal Revenue Service or the center of a state enterprise belonging to the sphere of administration of the State Internal Revenue Service or the center for the provision of administrative services at the place of residence of a foreigner or a stateless person*;
- submit the necessary documents;
- get a temporary residence permit.
List of necessary documents:
- passport or a document that replaces it (if necessary, with a visa);
- translation of the passport into Ukrainian;
- health insurance policy (if necessary);
- a copy of the identification code assignment certificate (if any);
- a document confirming the payment of the administrative fee, or a document on exemption from its payment (the original is returned after presentation, a copy is submitted);
- work permit.
The deadline for applying to the Migration Service of Ukraine
Documents for issuing a passport must be submitted no later than 15 working days before the end of the established period of stay in Ukraine.
If you need the help of qualified specialists, we recommend that you contact “Bachynskyy and Partners” attorneys at law for legal assistance. We will take care of a successful result for you.